What's new in CloudNetEngine vSwitch 2.1
- Pure polling RX mode to improve NFV workloads performance further. (CNE vSwitch uses interrupt + poll hybrid RX mode by default)
- A new scheduling policy for RXQ NUMA strong affinity.
- Performance improvement on large scale concurrent flows.
- Upgrade control/management front end to OVS 2.8.2.
Features in CloudNetEngine vSwitch 2.0
- High reliability dataplane
- RXQ dynamically load balancing among available worker threads
- Hybrid RX mode with interrupt + poll
- VXLAN, GENEVE, GRE tunneling
- VLAN/QinQ/TSO/UFO/CKSUM SW processing or NIC acceleration
- TX zero copy
- L3 reassembly
- Physical NIC bonding
- Jumbo Frame
vSwitch performance comparison
For NFV workloads, CNE vSwitch 2.1 can get 20~50% higher throughput than OVS-DPDK under various packet size and number of concurrent flows.
For Enterprise workload, CNE vSwitch 2.1 saves around 50% CPU cycles and get 10~20% higher throughput comparing to Native OVS.
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.